Flavour of the Month

If you love food and drink this is a no-nonsense review of the restaurants in and around London, UK. There is a strong bias to inner city London, in particular the Clerkenwell and Islington area - where I live! Hope you agree! (** A non-smoking policy only receives a maximum of 1 point. A smoking policy deserves a 1 point deduction. Discretionary points are out of 10. Total out of 51 points)

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Medcalf, Exmouth Market EC1

Medcalf - Exmouth Market, Clerkenwell EC1

Food: 5
Menu: 6
Ambience: 5
Service: 5
Smoking Policy: -1
Value for Money: 5
Bonus**: 0

OVERALL: 25

I must make an addendum to my last review. This still rates as one of my favourite places to dine but two recent lapses has made me question my position slightly.... are they resting on their laurels? Perhaps I'm too harsh but I went for dinner on 30/3/05 and the mains took 40 mins to arrive. I had a lamb shoulder (they had run out of lamb rump - fair enough) which was disappointing. Chips and gravy has also come down a little. Perhaps my expectations are too high but with the increase in prices since the New Year one should expect as much. The beer was perfect though! Perhaps there has been a change of guard in the kitchen...?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home